problem

saya

I am the student. my problem is about connection of single phase motor & 3 phase motor to fixed as well as modular plc.
problem on alarm announciator i.e
1. Any 2 sw On Red lamp on not other o/p.
2. any 3 sw ON hooter will on not other o/p.
3. all 4 sw ON fire alarm will on not other
(without using any logical instruction)

second problem is using 1 push button on and off output without any instruction(only XIO & XIC)

do you mean you need a wiring diagram for a project that has 4 switches. If any two switches are on, a red lamp goes on, if any three switches are on, a buzzer will go on. and if all 4 switches go on, the fire alarm goes on, not the buzzer.?

Is that what your trying to ask? I didnt understand the first part.

Also need four output contacts. One for the single phase motor (two if 208 volts or higher), and three for the three phase motor.

However, if it is a modular PLC, reverse the contacts, add a FLUX capacitor, and stock up on resident smoke.

Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.00.

And most of all, do not send cash via e-mail!!!

I'm still stuck on the "without using any logical instruction" requirement. Does that mean we can use illogical instructions?... o_O

🍻

-Eric

No, it is time sensitive, therefore you must use chronologic.

If Tempus Fugit switch = true
Then
SomeTing (Stack + Index Y - Happens)
Else
Not SomeTing
Do Until OtherTing ? NoTing
Pop Stack
Store Accumulator (Stack +1)

While NoTing = Red_LED
Do UnToOthers
Else EndLessLoop
Push Stack (-1)
Jump Recursion(EndLessLoop)

End SubWaySandwich

Sorry, I can't get to sleep - running Eric's hours

Yes, Rod seems to have come up with an eloquent solution for the first problem. I'll attempt the second one:

saya said:
second problem is using 1 push button on and off output without any instruction(only XIO & XIC)
Code:
That should meet the "without any instruction" criteria. This is untested, so you may need to make a few changes. Notice I was able to do it without needing XIO or XIC... (y)

🍻

-Eric

Saya,

I'll try NOT to be such a wise-guy now.

Could you restate your question? As I can not understand what you are really asking.

Eric and CaseyK,
I tend to begin my coding/problem by writing pseudo-code. A missmash of Basic-Pascal-whatever. It helps me layout the overall scheme and the Pseudo winds up being my labels/remarks. I'm wierd that way.

Rod

I have to say that I could not find anything wrong with Eric's code. It does look similar to one that someone posted in response to a request for a "Stop Light" program that was due the next morning.

I am a little stumped, as I like to put an "Always On" contact in each rung when I am starting out on a really complicated or big project. I am just not sure which rung(s) to put them in.

In the meantime, I am going to change Eric's code to "Times New Roman" so i can view it better, and review it more.

regards.....kc