PID auto tuning for S7 Siemens

Nico Viet

PID auto tune

Who can tell me how I can get a program to auto tune a PID controller in S7 Siemens S7.

Wie kan mij vertellen waar ik een autotune programmatje vandaan kan halen voor het bepalen van P, I en D waarden in Siemens Step 7 S7.

PID auto tune control o_O

Nico

Depends on which S7 you're using and which PID implementation you're using.

I don't believe there is any auto-tuning option for the PID in an S7-200. If it's S7-300 or S7-400, then in the Standard Library you'll find 4 PID Controller FBs: FB41, FB42, FB58 and FB59. The last two have self-tuning built-in. Do you want continuous auto-tuning at runtime while the process operates? For that, I think you'll have to purchase the additional s/w package 'Standard PID Control' and the Auto-tune option for it.

Regards

Ken

Autotunning

Dear Nico,

If you are using S7-200 the new release, v4.0, has an autotunning.

S7-300/S7-400 has autotunnig with an extra software package.

Sincerely,
Kelkoon

FB58 Auto-tunning problem

Hi everyone,
I am new at forums so I hope I will make myself clear enough to get some ideas...

I am working with the FB58 "TCONT_CP" with a pulse controller. I tryed the sample projects provided in S7 and it worked perfect. Right now, I am trying to tune the controller in the instance DB58 (Options menu-->Controller tunning..), the wizard is opened and I select the "Tune by approaching the operating point with a setpoint step change" option, but when it asked for the "operating point" and the "manipulated variable difference", I'm not sure which values I should try.

I tried operationg point 70 and manipulated variable difference 80 like the PID temperature control manual proposed in its example, and I also tried lower values keeping a diference of 10 or 20 (manipulated variable difference always greater than operating point).

I set the CYCLE parameter to 0.1s (same as OB35)and CYCLE_P to 1s with PER_TM= 2s.

I'll really appreaciate any ideas, comment, opinions and so on about this topic.

Regards,

Marisol