Need some help

js29720

I have never worked with Allen Bradley or its software and i am doing a job that has a Micro 1200 and i borrowed one of my friends laptop with the rslogic 500 starter software. I was trying to connect and upload the program and but could not get it to connect.I guess what i am asking how do i go about connecting to it and uploading the program all i am use to is G.E. and a few other plc's and don't know much about the Allen Bradley...I appreciate your time and info.

You need Rslinx software and the cable ( i don't remember witch one )

In rslinx, you'll need to configure the rs232 DF1 driver in COM1

More info: AB.COM or HELP file in rslogic500

hey ... I appreciate your info...but let me ask another dumb ?...what is the difference between the starter software and the rslinx...in going online and uploading the program..

the starter is only for the 10 pt ML controller as mentioned above, and the full version RSLogix500 allows you to program for all Micrologix & SLC controllers. RSLinx is comms software.

Lets find out if your software is the free software for the ML1K or the Starter version. Open up RSLogix-500. Click New. Try and select a ML1200 or ML1500 processor. If you can, then you have the starter version and not the ML1K free version.

OK, assuming you have the starter version with RSLinx lite, Open RSLinx. Click configure drivers. Configure a DF1 driver for your ML1200. Click OK. Now click "who active". Open the DF1 tree (click the +) You should see the ML1200 if you are communicating with it in the who active pane. If you don't see the ML1200 then go back and check the driver configuration and check your comm set up.