horner electric cpu

kjearl

Does anybody have any information on a horner electric cpu HE610DPC165? It is currently setup on a TI305 system and I would like to know if I can connect my computer to the 232 port on the card and how the cable should be configured. Any help would be greatly appreciated

It's Horner's Distributed Programmable Controller for that Koyo platform. It uses the Bitbus protocol for serial communications among multiple nodes. It could be programmed in ladder or Basic using Horner's Turbo Basic & Ladder software package.

When GE Fanuc and Koyo parted company and Koyo got into bed with TI, Horner chose to go with GE and gave up their Koyo products. Those were picked up by Facts Engineering which still maintains a relationship with Koyo.

In short, it's not your standard ladder logic PLC and you may not get much support from Horner. Your best bet is probably to contact either Facts Engineering or Automation Direct.

Steve,
Thanks for the information and you are correct that Horner was not able to give much info.
Thanks

My only experience with Horner is their ASCII Basic Coprocessor Module.
HE693ASC900. It has BASIC built in. It appears to the PLC as 8 in/8 out analog. This is how data is passed.
I suspect there may be similarities with the 2 products, but Steve's answer suggests that the BASIC software is external for the DPC165, so just making a connection might not be of much use.

Use Hyperterminal to communicate with the ASC900. Connect with a straight 9 pin cable from Laptop to Port. The ASC900 has Auto baudrate.
Press spacebar to activate.
I don't know if the DPC165 is this smart, but communications should be similar across the range of Horner's products. Try 9600 or 19200, 8 bit, 1 stop, none or odd for parity.

If it has built in BASIC, you should be able to type 'list' [enter] and get a program listing.

If it doesn't have any intelligence built in, then programming is done by reading/writing hex characters, with the formating and compile done in the programmer. In this case, a sucessful connection is pretty much useless, same as connecting to a PLC without a software package - you won't get far.

I don't think anyone at ADC knows much about it other than what info Steve and Keith have already given. I am nearly certain that DirectSoft doesn't support it, although an older version of GE Logicmaster might (doubt that too, but it's my best guess unless it has a built in editor ala BASIC CoProcessor).