SLC 5/04 Module is tripping the power supply

Keldog

Hey all.. I have a SLC 5/04 processor that when it is put in the rack and then you try to power it up but it won't power up it dosen't even come on for a second then trip it's like there's no power at all. I think the module is toast but i was wondering if anybody else had a solution or a company in canada that repairs these types of processors.

It could also still be the power supply. If the power supply detects an overload it will shut down - but the power supply can fool itself. Do you have another rack that you can test the processor if?

I've tried another rack and get the same result, but i only have one power supply but that power supply works fine on the two other SLC 5/04 processors so that leads me to belive it's not the power supply but the processor itself but i could be wrong. it's happened before. o_O

It does sound like the processor then.

Allen Bradley has a repair/exchange program that is available through your distributor. They will overnight ship to you a refurbished replacement with full guarantee and you send the old one back in within 30 days.

Thats probably the best way to go as far as getting one of these repaired.