Adding controller support to RS-5000?

monkeyhead

I have RSLogix 5000 Lite edition. This does not offer ControlLogix support. Does Rockwell Software offer upgrades for additional controller support?

I spent several hours yesterday looking for an answer and have an unanswered web request in. All I can find is information on which version supports which controller.

I am not aware of Lite edition of RSL 5000.

If you have Mini Edition, it supported only CompactLogix and FlexLogix

Go to Help -> Release Notes -> Choosing Your RSLogix 5000 Package to see differences and features.

Upgrade:
Mini to Standard 9324-RLD2U3ENE
Mini to Full 9324-RLD2U6ENE
Mini to Professional 9324-RLD2U7ENE

Last edited:
Is the lite the view only version? I inquired about a view only version for our maintenance staff (only one is well enough trained, the others arent ready to be turned loose on a CLX). I was told that one does indeed exist.

Alaric said:
Is the lite the view only version? I inquired about a view only version for our maintenance staff (only one is well enough trained, the others arent ready to be turned loose on a CLX). I was told that one does indeed exist.
This one is read only - called Service Edition, 9324RDL000ENE - read only plus upload download.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Lite edition is basically Mini + MLP from what I can tell. It's catalog # is 9324RLD250ENE wheighing in at $1250.

Our vendor told us early in the project to expect a CompactLogix and since we don't have any other 5000 series stuff, i thought I'd be cheap and get the Lite edition. Too bad they supplied us with a ControlLogix controller. Grrrrr... o_O

I assume MLP is Multi-language pack?
I see lite verison now $1300 list,
Mini is only $640 list,
Multi-language pack is $1300 list by itself.

Last edited: