laptop to uic interface com. problems

superdave

I have just replaced my A.B. pic box com. interface with a uic interface and have no problems communicating with my micrologix controllers and fixed slc 500 processors which use the rs232 port, but when switching the uic interface to dh485 to talk to my slc 5/02's and switching rs linx drivers to slc 500 emulator I cannot see the processor when doing a who active. I know there is not a node address problem so I can only assume it has to do with my configuration.

From reading your post, the first thing I notice is that you changed your RSLinx driver when switching from using the 1747-UIC RS232 port to using the RS485 port.

You don't have to ! The "SLC500 Emulator" driver in RSLinx is exactly that; a driver to talk to an SLC emulator software program. You should leave your RSLinx driver configured for DF1 Full Duplex on the UIC's COMx port for any DH-485 protocol connection.