Please help, problem with siemens LOGO!

mpthimios

Hello,
I just bought a LOGO plc in order to learn how to work with it (very new to plc's). I am trying to put it to work, the manual says connect phase L1, connect neutral N and in the LOGO screen I should get "No Program / Press ESC"... I get two rows of black dots in the place of the letters..

I am in Greece 220 Volts while LOGO says 230/240 ... Is this a problem?

I got it from e-bay and it is the 230R series (AC power)...
Finally it takes some time for the screen to show the dots (in the place of the letters...)
Can anybody help ?? I lost my money?

The user manual I found for your PLC has a section titled "Technical Data."

From the chart in this section, the permissible range of AC input voltages is 85V-265V. Therefore I would not think that the 220V supply available in Greece is a problem.

I've never used a LOGO before, but maybe the delay between letters and dots could be the microprocessor inside the controller "thinking?"

Richard Byrne.

Well it was the micro processor "thinking"!

After having it on power for about 10 min the display goes to the following :
-------------------
I:I1 I2 I3 I4 I5 I6

Q: 1 2 3 4 RUN
-------------------
I press ESC but no responce...

Any LOGO! expert out there???How do I go to programming mode??
ps..There is no info on the Siemens manual ... There it says power up the LOGO and if a program exists in memory press ESC to go to programming mode...

There are different LOGO module generations.
To identify your version see on the order number at front
of your Logo. The last 4 characters (0BAx) identify your
Logo, where "x" is a number between 0..5 e.g. "0BA4".

To enter the program mode

LOGO 0BA0..0BA3
press arrow left + right + esc

LOGO 0BA4..0BA5
press esc -> then select stop

I would recommend to refer the manual of your LOGO version.

LOGO manuals
http://www2.automation.siemens.com/simatic/portal/html_76/techdoku_microsyst.htm