PCMK Series B card read as Series A in RSLinx

PLCGal

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

A series B PCMK card was working fine on a laptop running Windows 2000, configured to run for DH+ on 230.4kbps.

Then the laptop was upgraded to Windows XP Pro, SP2. And then the PCMK card was reported having an error in RSLinx.

When we tried to configure the PCMK on DH+ for 230.4kbps, RSLinx reported that the PCMK card was Series A and cannot support 230.4kbps.

We downloaded the driver patch from Rockwell's knowledgebase (R2142258 - Driver: 1784-PCMK Plug'n'Play driver update for Windows 2000 and XP, and RSLinx 2.30 or 2.31 and higher) but it still doesn't work.
The PCMK card just won't be reocgnised as Series B.

The card works fine on another WinXP Pro, SP2 laptop.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is there any .DLL files missing when upgrading from Windows2000 to Windows XP Pro, SP2?

Thanks.

Since you have implemented the RS Technote, my next thought is what is the difference between the two laptops. Did you "upgrade" to XP or it was a clean XP install?

You know, before I went the route of a whole reinstall of XP, perhaps you can try removing the driver from Windows and reinstalling the PCMK "fresh".

Go into your Windows XP Hardware Device Manager and tell it to remove the card. This can also be done I think under the Control Panel - Add/Remove Hardware.

Tell it to delete the card and the drivers. Then download the latest version of RSLinx (ver 2.50) which will have all of the latest drivers.

OG