Need help for Master & Inteli. slave confi of S7-315-2DPs

Hello all

I need to establish data xfer for following n/w config. plz tell me xact hardware & software config. procedures in STEP7

Three S7-300 stations each having S7 315-2dp.
1 station have IM153-2 for Dp io's.Let us say ST1 for this station & other as ST2 n ST3 rep

I've cinfigured ST1 as master & ST2 n St3 as Inteli. slaves
I need to access some DB area of ST2 & ST3 in ST1

Related documention or web-link will b gr8 help

Thank you
Anmol

Paul
Thanks for the link that was very usefull.
Only 1 doubt is that in DP Slave Property-> Configuration> Row 1 edit tab
how a local "address" is used in program.
b'coz in example of D6.pdf that address is not used any where
is that parameter irrelevent for programming?
if not then how 2 incorporate it in program
Thanks once again

anmol

Anmol

I have not done this myself, neither have I read the module in question, but as I have a couple of 315's lying around doing nothing I will download the module and set up the project as per the file and see if I can understand what you are talking about.

Paul

Anmol

Perhaps I should have noticed this earlier instaed of focussing on the setting up of the 315's as DP slaves...

Anmol said:
I need to access some DB area of ST2 & ST3 in ST1

You do not need to have ST2 and ST3 as DP slaves to transfer this data across to ST1. Setting them up as slaves is so that you can access their I/O from the master CPU.

If you only want to read from a slave DB area then you can accomplish this using MPI and the FC's for unconfigured connections.

Can you confirm that you only want access to DB areas and not actually 'write' to slave I/O from the master CPU, even then it is possible to 'write' to another CPU's I/O area without setting them up as slaves.

Paul

hi Paul
Thank for reply
Actully use of MPI is not posible as cable distance is more, hence i went for profibus DP protocol
Acessing I/o's of slaves is not compulsary, i just need to get data transfered btween these stations.
I think ST2& ST3 has to b I-slave as ST1 is having IM153-2 on Profi-Dp
If u know any alternate way plz tell me in detail
Thanks
Anmol

Anmol

You should be able to acheive this using profibus. In netpro show all your PLCs on the same profibus network, then in the 'master' PLC (ST1), you can use SFB14 and SFB15 to 'PUT' and 'GET' data into and from the other PLC's.

Paul

Hi paul
just want toi know if i' can use FB14/FB15 in place of SFB14/15
& if yes then wat will be the ID parameter value. For information ST2 & ST3 are having DP address as 6& 7 rep. and that of ST1 as 5. Are these values to b used for ID para

I don't have hardware to try out these all options, hence need help in detail
OK thanks
Anmol

Anmol

If memory serves me right (I am at home and all my manuals are at work) FB14 and FB15 are for use with a CP343, ethernet not Profibus.

The ID parameter pin is for the 'connection' number, the connection number is got from Netpro.

You need to set up an S7 connection from ST1 to ST2 and ST3 in netpro, to do this highlight the CPU of ST1 in Netpro and in the bottom window you will see the area for these connections, double click the first line and a 'insert connection' box will pop up. Set this up as required, this is where you will insert the Profibus address of the remote station (ST2 and ST3). You need a connection for both remote stations, so there should be two lines in the bottom window, connection 1 and 2.

Anmol said:
I don't have hardware to try out these all options, hence need help in detail

Oh, that's not so good, it would be really helpful if you had the hardware, so that you can test the configuration at each stage.

Paul

Hi paul
I tried that thing but it is giving error as "no valid connection cud b established between local & remote partner"
I thing this is posible only if S7-400 plc is present
Hence the problem of ID is still there. do u've ne project example for this configuration

Thanks
anmol

deshpande_anmol said:
do u've ne project example for this configuration

Erm, yes I do, but it's using a 315 and a 412, so perhaps you were right regarding a 400 being present.

I have two 315's in my office at work, I will have a little play and see what I come up with.

Paul

Anmol

If I am understanding this correctly, setting up ST2 and ST3 as DP slaves to ST1 will not give you access to DB areas of ST2 and ST3, it will only give you access to the I/O of the slaves.

We now know that you cannot establish a connection between the 300's using DP, so one way to do this is using an unconfigured connection on MPI. You have stated that MPI is not an option due to the cable length, you will either have to buy more hardware such as a CP343 to give you ethernet connectivity or you buy some MPI repeaters to extend the cable length allowed. The other option to extending the MPI bus is using some OLM's (optical link modules), these will give you a extended length of up to 100km, will that be long enough?

If you really need access to DB areas then you will certainly have to purchase additional hardware to achieve this.

Paul