Student

nomi

Hi Im making a project in PLC so I have no clue at all and I already have the information related to the history of PLC's and that stuff. But I'm having trouble whe he asked in the project for examples of basic programming symbols or language for one PLC manufacturer, im stuck because it seems that the only way to get the symbols is with the actual software of the manufacturer. Is there any document or something like that with the list of the symbols used? Please help

If you are using SLC500 - RS Logix, here is the "Instruction Set" manual in PDF:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

It's 648 pages and includes all SLC500 instructions. You can sort out the "easy" ones after you browse this. (Especially XIC, XIO, OTE, OTL, OTU to start)

Chapter 2 - Basic Instructions is only 20 pages.

Good luck on the entire manual - read a page a day and you'll be done in under two years!

If you prefer a different PLC make or model, "Google" using "instruction set" in your filter...

Last edited: