MicroLogix 1200 Incompatible Processor

glenncovington

Lifetime Supporting Member
I started working with a new 1762-L40AWAR Micrologix 1200 processor Ser. C Rev. G. today. Using RSLogix 5.5 Build 14, I downloaded my code and started debugging. This all worked fine for about an hour. I have a simple test program running to execute an AWT instruction to send a message to an LED Display from Alpha. I set CH0 to Ascii 4800 baud.

RSLinx 2.40.01 build 16 sees the processor and knows it is in a run mode, but RSLogix just throws up a message with Incompatible Processor. It will not let me Upload, Download, or go Online. I found one technote about an SCP instruction, but I do not have an SCP instruction in more code and at this point couldn't change it if I wanted to.

I have several other ML1200 Ser C that I can communicate to without a problem.

What do I do now. Is there a hardware reset?

Help

I have talked with tech support and there is a problem with ASCII and the firmware 10 of the new controller. They are supposed to send me a new firmware 10.1 to fix the problem.

I am also having a problem formatting the ASCII string to talk to my LED device. The device requires a initialization string of

CHR$(0)CHR$(0)CHR$(0)CHR$(0)CHR$(0)
CHR$(1)+”Z00”+CHR$(2)+”AA”+CHR$(27)+” b”+"Hello" + CHR$(4)​
This works from a program in basic to write the message Hello.​
So I know the cable works from a standard com port.​
How do I duplicate in the ML1200 string file. I have tried setting port 0 to ASCII, 4800 baud. I am using the AWT command to send the file with the character length to match the string file. I have tried a bunch of different combinations with no responce from the sign yet. I can hook up to Hyperterminal and see the string come out as entered, but I haven't hit on the right combination yet.​
Help please.​
Glenn​

Channel 0 configuration must be User, ASCII, and be set up correctly. Also, make sure you have the correct append and termination characters if used.

Entering control characters in an ST file was tricky...it's been a long time since I had to do that, so instead of guessing, I would look here.