Read/Write from PLC5 or SLC500 to EXCEL

student2

I am having trouble to read/write from PLC5 (on DH+) or SLC500 (on DH-485) to Excel spreadsheet.

Both networks are connected to the Gateway computer through the KTX card and RSLinx Pro is used.

The computers (where Excel spreadsheet application is)are connected to the gateway computer.

I am not sure how to configure the alias topic on RSLinx and how to set the communication to Excel spreadsheet.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

One of our members has a link to an example as part of his signature.. here Take a look at that, and let us know if you have any questions.

DDE Linx etc

Hi student2
If Im reading your post right, you are trying to use RSlinx on one machine and access links on another machine. This will not work. Your spreadsheet has to be on the linx machine. It is a copy and paste action you do to get the data. Under RSlinx DDE menu item, select setup topic. You set up communication parameters here. Which PLC your data is stored on, poll rate etc. This gives you access to the PLC data tables. Save this. Go to Edit/copy dde link. Select the topic you just created, under the topic name, the PLC registers are now available. Select the one you want, like N7:0. On the bottom of the screen, you fill out the block size, (how many consecutive registers you want), Click OK and go to Excel, Select the cell where you want the data to be inserted, go to edit, paste special, select live link then OK. You should have data now. If you selected a block size of 10, and register N7:0, where you selected the cell in excel, there should be a column of numbers from the PLC registers N7:0 to N7:9 Type labels and save the file. You can now access this from other networked computers that have excel. You now can record a macro to update the links. With some VB code you can do this at any interval you wish. Hope this helps...