Nikki Denso Drive

ward

Just had to replace a failed drive and could use some help getting the new one going. The new drive is an Actus Power NPSA-TMTA-222 (made by Nikki Denso) and at start-up we are getting an alarm indicating "AC Down" (the AC input to the drive is there); the drive being replaced is an Actus Power NPSA-15NN-61. The drive came with an auto-tuning manual but nothing to explain the alarms a google search brought up lots of repair shops but no manuals. Any input about this alarm or a location for the manual online would be greatly appreciated.

You may have a grounded or low input line. Checking line to line is normal but you should also check line to ground. Many processor based drives do not like grounded delta inputs. If this is the case, you may need an isolation transformer.

Thanks for your response. I was still stuck at the end of my shift so the day shift technicians worked at it and were able to find a list of motor codes which was required in order to perform the auto-tuning procedure; without the list it was impossible to set-up the drive, after that it was just a matter of fine-tuning the gain, etc. Hopefully we can change that drive to a Unidrive or something down the road.