novice question about recipe in RSView SE

briana banks

Hi All

I have a recipe object in my display .
I want to create 2 buttons. one for Save using the RecipeSave
command and one for Restore using the RecipeRestore command.
How do i obtain the file name from the object without using v.b.?
i.e. the operator will type the file name in the recipe object
box and press Save button on the display (not the window that
opens if i click 'Enter' in the object box.

Thanks

Is there a specific reason you don't want to use VB?
The easiest way is just to use the normal recipe object, which has a 'Save' and 'Restore' button on it, as well as a name selector/entry box.

That being said, RSView SE Recipies are about the worst kind of recipe manager ever used, and seems to be only there to round out the product with little or no thought towards usability.

I usually use VBA and either a SQL Database, or an Access (Jet) database for storing and maintaining my recipes. Of course, you do need VBA for that.

Do you have some sample code ?

Hi & thanks for replying.

Do you have a code snippet on how to make reports
using VBA ?

I need just to send some data rows to a database
including date and time.

Thank you.