C Builder & micrologix1500 serial com?

fusion

hi everyone, i am trying to communicate betwen C++ builder and a micrologix 1500 module. the program on C is user interface and it successfully opens and detects the serial port.

If i want to send information from C+ to uLogix1500, i put in a string command, but what do i enter in the ladder logic for the plc to recognize the string and then perform the command?

I have set the serial com as read and write so that the plc can also comunicate back to pc..

i can show you the C builder code if any one wants to look at it and can help me out.

Thanks ppl

i have some experience with c++ and server software but not really with micrologix, anyway ... you maybe have to implement protocol which micrologix supports in you c++ code - PLC will answer automatically data channels and other values what it support in particular message format

1) get protocol description
2) learn messages for reading/ writing data
3) write code wchich will send those messages

i've briefly seen datasheet of 1500, there is item DH485, is this what you want use?

well... i'll try to help if you write more ...
- do you have some prepared routines for comm already?