Setting up a 1761-NET-DNI

rbyrne

Hi Eeveryone,

I have a specific problem when trying to change the parameters on a DNI module used on my project's DeviceNet network.

When I tried, earlier on today, to change the input/output file number and the input/output word offsets in the parameter list for that node, I received an error message: "Error occurred when communicating with device." (I was using RSNetWork for DeviceNet, and was not online when making the alterations and trying to download the new settings).

I was trying to change parameter numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10.

The previous (factory-programmed) input file number for the equipment was N20. I need it to be N60. I realise that my series B DNI requires the number of input/output words to be 2, so I kept this setting. I left the input word offset at 0.

For the output word number, I need (N)61, offset 0, number of words 2.

But every time I try to download the changes to the DNI, the error message appears and the changes are not allowed.

Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I'm "viewing" the DeviceNet network in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, via a 1770-KFD.

Thanks,

Richard Byrne.