Extending 14 day Trial License

drspanda

I would like to know the method to extend 14 day Trial License for Step 7. I tried with uninstalling and installing but it doesn't worked out.

Definition of the word 'Trial'

Trial - A period of free usage of a product or services. Usually provided by a vendor for evaluation purposes. The Customer usually does not pay for trial and makes the decision to purchase only if satisfied with a service or product during this trial period.

šŸ»

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Trial - A period of free usage of a product or services. Usually provided by a vendor for evaluation purposes. The Customer usually does not pay for trial and makes the decision to purchase only if satisfied with a service or product during this trial period.

šŸ»

-Eric

LOL The other way to extend the 14 day trial period is to buy it..It runs for as long as you need it then..

D

There is a secret

You have to open S7, then walk around the computer 3 times clucking like a chicken....this requires a microphone and sound card attached to the computer. Actually this is good for 3 months, each cluck is a month.

rsdoran said:
then walk around the computer 3 times clucking like a chicken....

Ron,

You forgot to mention that you should walk around in a clockwise direction. Walking in an anticlockwise direction will remove a month per cluck.

Paul

PLucas said:
...you should walk around in a clockwise direction. Walking in an anticlockwise direction will remove a month per cluck.
So THAT'S why it wasn't working for me. And to think, all this time I've been walking anticlockwise... šŸ™ƒ

Actually, I've been walking counter-clockwise, but that's a separate matter... ;)

šŸ»

-Eric

I found it so much easier to move to Venus. Here the days last 243 of your Earth-days. You can use the S7 14-day licence for well over 9 of your Earth-years.

Tossers

Yeh good advice.
Does it feel good to make drspanda look like a fool.
Sometimes you need to view code from different software packages. For a small business to buy them all would be ludicrous.

Oh how good it must be to be as perfect as you.

As a suggestion drspanda try uninstalling S7 and do a search in the registry for S7 references. Only do this if you are familar with registry editing. (always back it up first)

Hey, I'm sorry bout that, and wish all software were free.

It isn't. It isn't free to develop, maintain, and use. It isn't free to update it, and fix bugs. It isn't free to provide new features.

Those are all things that we PAY for. Not paying for a licensed copy, is plain and simple theft. No different from walking into an auto-dealership, and stealing a car.

It's a shame, if it is expensive, but it is. One can either pay the cost of doing business, or look for another line of work.

Harsh? Yep. But this isn't a site that promotes theft, software piracy, or copyright infringement.

Sniks said:
Yeh good advice.
Does it feel good to make drspanda look like a fool.
Sometimes you need to view code from different software packages. For a small business to buy them all would be ludicrous.

Oh how good it must be to be as perfect as you.

As a suggestion drspanda try uninstalling S7 and do a search in the registry for S7 references. Only do this if you are familar with registry editing. (always back it up first)

If you are working with developing something yourself, then you can certainly understand the aggrevation that comes from somebody just ripping your intellectual know how without paying anything for it.

Siemens license policy is actually very fair.
You have the trial license.
If you expire that you can work on, but with some nagscreens. If you cant live with the nagscreens then maybe your work with the software is not so "occasional" - eh ?

The worst that can happen is that so many people circumvent the regular copy protection or trial timeout that Siemens decide to use a much more strict system.
There are hardware locks, and there are licenses that are locked to a particular PC. I would hate if it came to that.

I'm with Jesper on this one. I think Siemens license system is very fair. You can run the program with no license whatsoever and just a load of nag screens. This is enough to dig you out the doo-doo if needed. The emergency/trial license is also very handy.

My only argument with the Siemens system is the fact that the licenses are floppy disk based which is a volatile media at the best of times and also, nowadays, it is getting to the stage where laptops aren't shipped with floppies as standard.

Still, beats a PC exclusive or hardwired dongle hands down.

Johnny

The Siemens licences aren't restricted to floppies. You can transfer them on standard USB memory sticks if you want. From a distribution point-of-view I'm not sure what Siemens should do. Shipping a memory stick instead of a floppy seems a real overkill - several meg capacity to carry a few bytes of licence data. No doubt it would cost extra, and probably with some justification as well.

Ken

i must agree, those floppies are real pain, i'm really afraid sometimes when need to work on dusty pc in factory's office :)

from other plc brand we have hw keys, which are great, it's easy to get it from LPT and put on notebook, nobody need to work on more computers at once, but they are ready so i would really appreciate them with step7 ... so you mean they sell them on USB?

anyway, i'm proud to have all siemens sw legal, if somebody cannot afford it, maybe he's not worthy of job or he doing job for bad company... well... there is of course question of poor countries in the air ...