Siemens AI Modules Configurations Reset

stevenPLC

Hi..

I am very frustratred and confious when configuring for the Siemens AI Modules (e.g 6ES7 331-1KF01-0AB0).

I want to configure the measurement range for each Input Channel to "4-20mA". But after I have configured and even download all to PLC, whenever I save the Hardware configurations, the configurations will all reset to the default "---" value.If I need to re-download my Hardware configurations, it will prompt some error "Measuring range...not within the range" ; and I need to re-configure the measurement range for all AI channel AGAIN!!

What's the problem?Anyway to avoid this? I have no problem with AO Modules - their configured values are remained.

Wait and Thanks for the advices...

i'm going to need exactly same unit next month ... but i plan to use it with Ni sensor .... this unit is not the best solution for U measuring imho ...

... if i can remember, last time i used AI, there was a 'SWITCH KEY' on the right side which was needed to be placed correctly to make it do proper work ...

Steven

I think Marius' suggestion is a good one. Have you checked the position of the range plugs in the side of the module? Each input can be used for voltage, current, thermocouple, RTD etc but to select which one is used you must insert the range plug in the correct orientation. The default position that all the modules are shipped with is voltage. This is absolutely essential to using the module correctly and should have been done by whoever installed the module in the rack and connected it to the signal. I assume this wasn't you. Presumably you're only doing the software? I'd find the guy who did it and tell him to read the installation manual.

Ken