How to duplicate RSLogix activation disk

You probably won't get that here. The Rockwell license allows archival duplication for backup use only, and has specific limitations on usage on more than one PC at a time.

Have you contacted your supplier as suggested on your previous post?

I dont think you are going to find many people who are willing to help - the purpose of the forum is not to support making illegal copies of software.

As for your corrupt disk, contact Rockwell tech support. If the floppy is corrupt RS will Fed-Ex you a new one. If it's just a matter of a lost activation, you can reset it over the internet, provided you have a valid license to begin with.

What version of RSL5 do you have?

First, if the disk is corrupt it will not matter if you copy it or not...it will still be corrupt. If the master disk is not corrupt and the license is on the disk it may be possible to make it work, go to AB Knowledgebase.

Second, AB offers the options via internet to re-set the activation on the master disk. The newer versions can be directly activated from the net. This requires you to be the registered user.

Third, the activation files can be moved to a USB memory stick. AB knowledgebase has a technote that explains the procedure.

Fourth, this is not a new topic, just search the forum and the info you want is there.

It is not unusual for an individual that has AB software and a Master Disk to make a backup copy, but think its unethical to share how they did it. The legalese involved is kind of tricky, technically it states the activation can only be on "one" computer at a time, not how many computers you can use at one time. The morality or ethical aspects each person considers differently.

Technically I have given the answer to your question but I sidestepped the issue by not directly stating the answer.

Technically I have given the answer to your question but I sidestepped the issue by not directly stating the answer.

Hey that sort of reminds me of the National Electrical Code. :)

Search the web you may find the way.(its very simpl)

BTW
I meet someone last week he find the way to activate RS view without activation disk he said he can do it also for all RS Logig too.
He said the level of protection is very low.

ArikBY said:
Search the web you may find the way.(its very simpl)

BTW
I meet someone last week he find the way to activate RS view without activation disk he said he can do it also for all RS Logig too.

Just because you CAN, doesn't make it right.

Software piracy is software piracy however you want to look at it.

I don't quite understand your point. Are you trying to encourage people to do this?

MartB

I am totally agree with you.
That why I did not publish any of that.
I save my activation disk on CF just for convenient.
base on AB publication.

I know how is it when someone copy your cods and use it.with paying noting to you.

I just mention that as my appreciation to his computing ability.
This guy wrote a project on RS wiew in short time without any automation knowledge.
and it work first time.

Last edited:
With 2 licenses of Logix 5K, 3 of Logix 500, and 3 of Logix 5000, + RSNetworx, 2 RSViewSE, 10 RSView32, and 14 RSLinx, thats a lot of activations to manage.

I keep an image of each master disk on CD just in case I ever do need to make an emergency disk. The sole time I needed to replace a master disk we got the disk the very next day and it wasn't a rush need, the corrupt disk wasn't discovered until a laptop was replaced. So far the disk images have not been needed, except for peace of mind.

Hello, I just downloaded and installed the USB flashdrive utilities from Rockwell Automations Knowledgebase and they work great. EVMOVE moved all of my activations at the same time!! Now I just plug the it into the pc I want to use and set the CHECKDRIVES variable to check the drive letter of the USB drive and the software finds the key!

Oh don't worry Mr Fox , He is still about .

Generally people who spout such things as "all property is theft" live in a Council house in Deeside and have a burnt out Cortina in the drive .

Regarding the licenses , I also have the privelidge of having something called "Goldmaster" from Rockwell - perhaps someone can help and tell the fox what this license is all about .

Met a guy the other day who had two fake Rolex's , one for work and one for best .

Backing up what we own is one thing , copying licenses for profit is another .
How is it going up at Kellog's ?
Kind regards,
Fred