Faulty status on S7-400

Prince

All lamps on one of my S7 416-2 DP CPUs are blinking, the manuale consider it as FAULTY status and does not imply more. Does this status mean that I have losed a CPU ?
What must I say to my boss about the reason for the tragedy ?

Prince

Have you tried all the usual things - reset from STEP7, reset from switch on front of CPU, power-cycle it (with and without memory cards) etc.? Does it still show these symptoms? You say this is one of your S7-416DPs. Can you swap it with another and see if the problem follows the CPU or stays with the rack, power supply and I/O?

If none of these things work, it may well be faulty. Is it in warranty period? Get a replacement. Is it outside warranty? Buy a replacement.

Reason for fault? Who knows. Reason for tragedy? It costs time and money to replace faulty equipment.

Ken

I have seen that symptom once before, and it was because of noise coming in on the MPI modem adapter, and it wiped out the ram memory. I disconnected the modem, reloaded the program, and it has been fine for years ever since. Try reloading the program and you should be all set.