Does Anybody out there have info on Omron S3D PLC

Ron Stoops

Omron S3D Sensor Controller (PLC)
I have an Omron S3D PLC and an Omron Sysmac 3G2A3-Pro16 Programming Console. Are they compatible? If anyone has info I would appreciate the help. These units are probably 16 years old and not mfg anymore.
thanks
Ron Stoops

The PRO16 is the console for the old S6 PLCs. It won't work with the S3D controller. The S3D requires an S3D-P unit. There's actually one on eBay (LINK). The manual is HERE at mrplc.com.

🍻

-Eric

Thanks Eric for the helpful response. I Have two options to make this work. One, get the S3DP-LNC Programmer or Two, get a Sysmac S6 controller. Both are on E-bey. Do you know anyone who may want to swap?

Thanks
R. Stoops

Ron Stoops said:
I Have two options to make this work. One, get the S3DP-LNC Programmer or Two, get a Sysmac S6 controller.
No question... Get the S3DP, period. Use it to document the program in the S3D, then store this documentation in a safe place. You'll need it when you eventually swap out the S3D for something current... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric

I know I had a S3DP laying around here somewhere. I thought it was in the top of my toolbox, but I only found instruction manual. I think I probably tossed it when we moved to our new shop... :(