s7

nhot100

hello, can anybody tell me the difference of siemens s5 and s7 breifly, whats is s7 data and specification?

Last edited:
Siemens S5 series has been around since the late 1970's and is now arrived in it's end-of-life state. This family used the technology of the era it was developped in and has now, however advanced it was in its time, become kind of obsolete.

The S7-200 family is in fact a successor to the low end TI family PLCs.

The S7-300/400 family are the successors to the old S5 family.

To be brief about the data/specifications of the S7 is impossible I'm afraid. But you will find plenty of information at the relevant pages of the Siemens website(s).

Kind regards,

thanks Jvd, I'm just new in programming of siemens s5, would you please help me tell me a description of s5 plc details and specification?, and what is the best way in programming technique? thanks

S5

nhot100,

S5 is programmed with STEP 5, you can use KOP, FUP and AWL languages to program it.

S5 have the following families:
-S5-95U up to 480 Digital input/outputs
-S5-115U up to 4096 digital inputs and 4096 digital outputs
-S5-135/155U up to 500000 digital inputs

Sincerely,
Kelkoon

nhot100 said:
would you please help me tell me a description of s5 plc details and specification?
I don't think this is the place and I certainly don't have the time to type the info you're requesting. The answer to this question is to be found in the S5 manuals. These are all available at the Siemens website. I don't have the address at hand, but I'm sure you can find the links to various S5 manuals if you search this forum.
nhot100 said:
and what is the best way in programming technique?
That's entirely depending on the tasks you want the PLC to perform. If you want to program a sequence, you might turn to sequential function charts (aka grafcet) or dynamic state diagrams. For the design of calculation programs, I find flowcharts and Nassi-Schneidermann diagrams better suited.
You can also use time graphs, pseudo language and I'm sure more techniques have been designed and described as well.

BTW Kelkoon: KOP (Ladderdiagram), FUP (Functionblock diagram) and AWL (instruction list) are programming languages, not programming techniques.

In the overview, you mentioned the S5-95U family, but this is in fact a single CPU and technically speaking not a family. You didn't mention the S5-100U family (which consists of three CPUs: 100, 102 and 103).

Kind regards,

Back
Top Bottom