vibration effect

juad

HI in an asphalt plant I install an electrtonic indicator for an old weigher which use resistor pot to send ( 0-5 volt) from the wigher to indicator in control room , it work well when the plant is stop and i can read the weight but when we start the motors there is hi vibration that effect the reading on the indicator (ex the reading 20--50 kg), how can i elemenate the effect of vibration
on the signal , take in mind in asphalt process the weigher is used for bitumen and we have 22 sec for batch time.thanks

Make great solid connections. Vibration alone shouldn't induce any noise into your signal, it would be an issue of termination if you asked me.

Maybe Other equipment

You may need to look at other equipmet that could be causing the noise, check cabling of unit to see what other device cables are crossing this cable.

This might be your problem.

Regards

Rheinhardt

I think he is saying the weigh scale itself is vibrating.
You are best to try and fix this mechanically, ie isolate the weigher from the vibration source than to try and fix it electrically.
Regards Alan Case

Alan Case said:
I think he is saying the weigh scale itself is vibrating.
You are best to try and fix this mechanically, ie isolate the weigher from the vibration source than to try and fix it electrically.
I would call the "weigh scale" people for advice on what or how to isolate the vibration. I doubt you are the first to have this problem.

We're only PLC experts - sometimes the vendors are the real experts at problem solving...

I've never used these so take this for what it's worth.

You might want to have a look at this:
http://www.hardyinst.com/products/index.php?id=70&type=core&typeid=1

Look at the video demos. They are kind of cool. They are expensive, but if they work you are money ahead.

Another option might be an inline fiter. I used a filter from these guys:
http://www.alligatortech.com/

I used a GSAF-10 in a tension control application and it worked very well. You just need to know your cut-off frequency.

Hope this helps.
Keith

HI thanks to all and sory for late Iam so busy in the few days ,I think my question is not clear befor,the scale is mechanical type but it is use pot to send the 0-5 volt to remote indicator as some membere says the scale it self vibrate and no way to reduce this vibration mechaniecally the pot vibrate and the voltage to remote indicator is change according to vibration ,what can i use in the way of signal to delay the change of voltage that the operator can not see the rapid change in the signal ,can i use unity gain integrator ? i hope to get circut diagram for simple circut that i can build it.

There is always a way to isolate vibration from load cells but it looks like the decision has been made not to go that route.

You could use a micro plc with analog input and average the readings then output them to the readout.