Siemens Softnet 2005 with Citect

allison

Hi,

Has anyone used the latest version of Simatic Net IE Softnet-S7 Edition 2005? (6GK1704-1CW63-3AAO). I'm trying to connect an S7-300 PLC to Citect using Ethernet.

With Simatic V6.2 it works everytime, but as soon as I install Edition 2005 I can only get a connection about 1% of the time, otherwise it just sits in #COMS.

I've tried both on a clean XP install, same hardware, same software except for the Simatic Net.

I'm pretty sure I set it up using NCM the same way, but is there a new setting somewhere that I haven't found?

Thanks!

Simatic Net 2005 works Profibus with Citect

Hi Allison,
I am using Simatic Net PC Software version 2005 with a CP5613 A2
card (Profibus) talking to Citect.
I have no experience with Siemens Ethernet.
Make sure you are correctly specifying your interface card
in both your NetPro and Citect Communications.
Good luck with it.............John Gaunt.

Is the connection between Citect and S7 via OPC ?
Or does it use Simatic NET in some other way ?

If it does use OPC, then check the connection with an OPC test client (for example the OPC scout from Simatic Net package).
At least that will clear up if the problem is between the OPC server and S7 (if the test client has problems), or between Citect and OPC server (if the test client does not have problems).