No PLC Communication

Navajoqc

Good morning, I'm getting two Error Codes on my 2711-K5A1 Ser.F PanelView 550:
1. Is 208 (Unable to write to remote device)
2. 665 No PLC Communication.

I just found out we don't have any books to these PLCs, but I was told that our Electrician have the software to them.
I appreciate your help.

Navajoqc...

Last edited:
Yes, I also pulled out the cards and put them back in to see maybe if the connections might be loosed but no luck.

Last edited:
That model is a RIO panelview 550. Check the RIO status indicator(s) and/or status bits in the SLC/PLC.

ERROR 208 Write to logic controller failed:​
Controller does not accept data from the terminal. Controller is not connected. Check connections (on Remote I/O units). Verify that controller is in run mode and not busy. Verify that controller data files are not in use by other applications.​
ERROR 665 No PLC communications:​
The PLC is not communicating. Possible causes are disconnected cable, no power to PLC, incorrect baud rate or rack settings for PLC configuration. COMM LED is off. Check for pulled cables and PLC power. Check baud rate settings and rack configurations. Check wiring of connector. Communication resumes when problem is corrected.​

PV Manual

OkiePC,
Where did you get these codes from? Do you have a manuel or did you get it from the enternet? I need to purchase a manuel or something I can go by. I've been with this Company for a year now and I'm still trying to get parts and establish PMs.
Thanks...

Click on the link in my previous post...It's a link to the manual on A/B's website. The error codes I listed are quotes from this manual. These codes tell you very little...just that you have lost communication between the panelview and the PLC/SLC. What type of processor is it. anyway?

We are a cement plant and we have 8 sending units out in the field. We collect samples and bring them in the lab by a carrier. Just like what they use at a bank. Before I came they had problems right after another and now it is much better. I'm still learning about A/B products, In fact tomorrow I'm going to the Advance Training here in Dallas.

Later...

What I meant to ask is what type of PLC processor is connected to your pv550? With that info, I could tell you where to look in the processor memory and physically to check your connections. The RIO cable is commonly called "blue hose". It is a 2 wire cable with a shield that connects to the panelview on one end and a scanner channel on the other. If it's a PLC5, the scanner channel should be on the processor module itself. If it's a SLC, the scanner will be a 1747-SN module probably in the same rack with the SLC processor. In either case, the blue hose may be daisy chained to multiple "racks" of I/O. The Panelview is just viewed as a chunk of I/O data by the PLC/SLC. It's also common to use block transfers over RIO to get more data to/from the Panelview than just what is supported by the RIO discrete data. If you have a problem with block transfers, you may get the error codes you listed even though the physical connection is still good. If the system had been working fine and nothing was changed, your problem is most likely a bad connection or electrical noise getting onto the communication cabling.

Hope this help, and good luck with your training.

I have a PLC5. I'm going to swap out the 1771-ASB/E now and see if this well help. I tried all three Baud rate but nothing happen.

Thanks again.

The 1771-ASB/e probably has nothing to do with comms to the Panelview. It is just another adapter on the RIO network. Is this PV550 being added to an existing system? Did it ever work right to begin with? Have changes been made, and if so, specifically what changes?

It is an existing system. The problem started when the display came on it would put it on setup, and the fault light was on. I couldn't do anything to it. So I replaced it and when I put the new panelview the fault light went off and PLC is working with the main PLC but the panelview isn't communicating with the PLC.

Check and make sure the new PV has the same remote I/O parameters as the old,rack #, rack size, starting group, baudrate ,etc.