AB PCIS for SLC 150

Jody M

Does anyone know where I can download or get my hands on a copy of pcis.exe I have a dead 150 and do not have a copy of the program??????????

You will also need a communications adaptor and a Win 98 or DOS machine to run it on.

The SLC100/150 is a completely different animal from the rest of the AB PLCs - you'll probably want a manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1745-um001_-en-p.pdf

For other manuals, go to the AB.com website, click on literature library, and do a catalog number search on 1745.

If the SLC150 is completely dead dead then it is considerably less money to replace it with a ML1000.

Thanks a bunch for the info, I found the com module on E-bay (hope it works). I was thinking of booting my XP laptop from a floppy with dos 6.2? I think that is the version that will run from floppy if not I guess i can repartion my HD and put Win98 on it any other ideas? This is one of the last "pre-my education" PLC's in the plant. Next project is an "Automate 15" Thanks again

Jody Matkowski

I have it on my XP Pro machine here at work, and I just have to double-click on it and it runs; you shouldn't have to partition your HD or anything radical like that.

Have you been able to go online under XP?

I would be interested to know, as I understand it, the problem with PCIS on XP is that XP ridgidly controls access to the COM port, so they are not going to get along too well when trying to go online.

I have one SLC100 left in the plant - It runs an environmental alarm panel in a pump room - and I doubt that anyone has gone online with it since it was comissioned about 18 years ago. Sooner or later though someone is going to probably have to go online. If desperation sets in, I do have the handheld programmer.%Connection: close3C/P>

I have never tried to go online as we don't have any SLC 100/150's here. It was on this PC when I came to work here and I was told they used to use it all the time; they just had to shut down RSLinx.