audioal plc screen

andrea

hi
I am looking for a plc screen that would give me a audible sound alarm and be able to commuite with ab 1000 1200 1500
thanks

What type of 'screen' are you looking for? Text-based? Touch screen? There are some (like the Maple MicroOIT) that you can make beep when a screen is called, but they're usually not loud enough in an industrial environment.

It would be MUCH better to just add a sounder of your choice to a spare output, and let the PLC handle the noisemaking...
1.gif

🍻

-Eric

hi
A text csreen would work and a touch screen would work to ,the panel/screen is remote from the plc and i don't want to run an output set off wires to the screen/panelview for the alarm
thanks

Last edited:
Andrea,

I was in that situation too. I needed an alarm in a control room, with a PC runnning Rockwell RSView HMI interface. The SLC 5/04 PLC was 150 feet away in the electrical room, with no spare wires to the control room. I used the "internal alarm" in the RSView program and added a speaker to the PC. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Your reply sparked another idea, Lancie. Andrea could throw a $99 ML1000 in by the HMI, and network it to the HMI and PLC(s). Might come in handy if a pushbutton or two, or indicator lamp (or two) needed to be added locally at the HMI station... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric

Good thinking, Eric. That is probably about as cheap as you can add an alarm in this case, Andrea. All you would need in the ML1000 is a small program to send an alarm output, and a horn or buzzer of some type. You could put the ML1000 and the alarm horn in a small metal box next to the operator's screen. The only external wiring needed will be power wires and a network conection to the ML1000.

I recommend putting some timers in the alarm circuit also, 1 timer to pulse the alarm, 1 second on, 3 seconds off (that 3 seconds relief from an irritating noise can do wonders for tempers), and a second timer to stop it after some time period, if it has not been acknowledged, and a third timer to auto-restart the horn if the alarm is still present after some "quiet time". It is amazing how aggravated operators get when an alarm continues to go off long after they have heard it. I have seen alarm horns knocked off the wall. I have uploaded an alarm program that uses these features in the Automation Direct Download section. I have the same routine in RSLogix, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Andrea,

You can get one from your local Allen-Bradley distributor. That is the US price, it will be more in Canadian dollars.

Andrea

If you want to remove your HMI more then 50 feet you will have to use rs232 to rs485 converter or to use PIC.

If you are going to use PIC then you will need screen who support this protocol.it become complicated.

I would sugges to you to run another cable with the communication cable or to use the communication cable for that output(I mean if you need 3 conduct for communication use 5 conduct cable the output must be low voltage)

You need also power for the screen too.

If you intend to start and stop your machine from the screen be aware that it dangerous.

Is there a plc with a 2 or 4 line text display with some inputs and output that could be linked to AB plc and be able to communicate with each other ,that could be activated when the Ab sends out an alarm.
I am planing on using ethernet

Thanks

Last edited:
OK
You need screen with Ethernet,2 units of ENI(that the AB ethernet adaptor for ML)and ML1000.
Or 3 units of ENI and screen.
I dont know if there is text HMI with Ethernet but AB and others have touch screen with Ethernet.
I would suggest you to consult your AB rep to chose the right stuff.
If PV300 micro is fited with the ENI it might be work.
The ENI is sometime pain is the ***.So make sure you have support for that.

somebody told me direct DL06 is a plc with a screen and text,but I dont know to much about it, and if they can communite with AB
THANKS