Omron RFID systems

Steve Kemp

Has anyone used the Omron CJ1W-V600C12, two channel rfid tag reader module? I figured that the "plc module" system would save the hassle of a serial interface and associated programming. Right choice? Anecdotes/cautions? And yes, I know they're on 3-month lead time :mad:

Cheers, Steve.

Steve,

I have not used this module and I could not find a manual on-line either. However, I have worked with other Omron RFID modules, and you are correct. The data should be directed to either CIO or DM for information read from or written to the tag.

If the lead time is a problem, there are Protocol Macros written for the serial RFID controllers. This would make it a bit less painful. You would need a SCU module to utilize the Protocol Macro function.

Hope this helps

We have set up demos for our customers using the Balluff RFID system on Devicenet. If you already have a network in place, then using something like this is easy.

I'm sure other manufacturers also have networked solutions.

<Disclaier... I work for a Balluff distributor>