How import/export DB's&OB's via S7 protocol?

gutierrj

Hi i am working with SimaticNET and i am using S7 protocol for my communication, but now i would like to know how i can transfer DBs and OBs via this protocol.

I hope someone could help me with this and also i will be so happy if u can give me an example.

Thx

how i can transfer DBs and OBs via this protocol.
Especially the reference to the OBs sounds like you want to upload or download program blocks or datablocks, not just the data itself.
For that you need STEP7, or alternatively there is a much more cost-friendly alternative in the utility ACCON-S7-Backup/Restore from www.deltalogic.de .

Just i want to download the data or if it is possible to creat my OB in my PC and then download to PLC, also i have Step 7...but i need to creat some information in my PC.

Thx for the link...but so pity its in german and i dont know german

I think that you are very new to S7.
It sounds like you have "data" and "OB" mixed up.
Data is data (I hope I dont have to explain that).
But an "OB" in an S7 is a program block that must be or can be loaded on the S7 CPU. In other words, it is code and not data.

What is it exactly that you want to achieve ?

Yes i know that threes is a big different between OB and DB, but with OPC u can download OBs and DBs from your pc to plc and also viciversa. I found a manual (External Block Management with S7 Block management Services of the SIMATIC NET OPC Server ) but i don’t understand so well how to implement it.

I am using Visual Basic 6.0, with this I would like to download a DB, but if also I can management OB I would like to download an OB.

I hope this time I explain much better hehehe

Thx a lot

You cannot download code with OPC, only data. And the data has to be to allready existing memory areas in the PLC.
So you cannot download a complete DB, only the data to the allready existing DB.
And you cannot download code blocks anyhow, and that include OBs, with OPC.