My first PLC

scottjagoe

Hi I joined this forum a few weeks ago, I am really interested in PLC's. I also have Phil's book. Omron is pretty popular in my area, so I was looking for a used omron PLC, something like the C200H, since that is what we use in our shop. But the software is to costly for me to learn with right now. I found this auction on Ebay

I thought this might be a good one to learn with seeing as it comes with the programming software. I wanted your guys opnion, Is this a good place to start?

Thanks, Scott Jagoe.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25400&item=1925787452&rd=1

That looks like a very good deal but beware, the programming lead (SC-09) will cost more than the package. (about 100 pounds in UK)

You will also need the programming manual JY992D48301 for about 10 UK pounds.

I think that looks ok. It's not the brand that you were looking for but if the price is right the brand is not that important.

Currently the bid price is $41. I don't think that you will find any thing near that price. However if the price sky rockets (as they sometimes do near the end of an auction) you might want to consider AB's offer of free programming software when you but a 10 point Micrologix 1000. (The software is the full RSLogix but this special version only talks to the 10 point Micrologix.)

sc09 cable

I have the cable cheaper at the PLC Center for $97.00 US. I'm in Canada so still looking at $200 bucks. Thanks for your input guys.

PLC cable

Well I found the cable for the Mitsubushi plc on onther web site for about 50 CAN. The programing manual I downloaded with the programing software. I also won an auction for an omron c200h. I will just keep gathering parts until I have a complete unit, Then I probabley would purchasse the software. So I think I did pretty good. Now I can begin my adventure with plcs. :)