ControlLogix 5555 - ControlFlash Missing?

seeolddan

I have a new ControlLogix 5555 and newly installed rslogix 5000. I understand I need to flash the exec using ControlFlash. When I try to use control flash using rslogix 5000 it indicates it cannot find controlflash.exe.

You have to download the software controlflash in order to update firmware cpu contrologix 5555 so you can comunicate with rslogix5000.
regards

Thanks JM. I have been prowling around the AB web site and have not seen it. Anyone have any pointers on finding it?

It's been a long time since I loaded Logix5000 but I'm pretty sure that ControlFlash was on the CD together with the Firmware kits. Anyone with more recent experience?

ControlFlash usually is on the install CD for Logix, probably in a seperate directory. I don't believe it gets installed by default when installing RSLogix 5000

Satified Customer

Thanks for the great feedback guys.

By down loading version 15.x of the exec and executing setup, I found a controlflash install was being executed. I was able to download the 15.x exec to ControLogix. Yea!

Well maybe. Turns out Rslogics 5000 was version 13.x. Control Flash would no longer work (I had downloaded exec v 15.x). Communications was bad.

Lesson learned: Match your exec level to your rslogics version. (RSlogix 5000 v15.x works great).

dgreen,
Nothing to it really. Just pick the firmware revision from the ControlFlash program and download it to the processor. It will erase the existing config and install the version you pick. Be warned though this will wipe the program (if one is loaded) from the processor.