SCL 504 RIO 1747-sn

plcpete

Hi all,

I have a SLC504(l542b)system using a 1747-SN RIO scanner to communicate with a couple of remote racks. The SN module is a series B so there is some messaging to do to communicate with the modules in the remote racks. The remote modules consist of 1746-NI8's (AI), 1746-NO81's (AO), 1746-IA16's (DI), 1746-OA16's(DO) and a couple of 1746-HSCE2's (high speed counters) for flow rates and accumulations from PD meters. My time frame is next to impossible so I'm looking for a handout :). If anyone has an example rss file showing the config for the RIO and/or HSCE2 please share, or if you have any helpful advice please respond.

Thanks a bunch.

Upgrade?

Since you have series "B" processor, you will have to use the M files, to read and write data from the remote racks. Figuring out which memory locations represent which I/O modules can be frustrating.
If I were you, I would spend the money for the firm ware upgrade to Series "C", with a series C , you can use block transfers to read and write to the remote modules. Then, you can specify this rack and that slot exactly like it is in the remote rack, much easier to understand. It will also be much easier for someone else to trouble shoot further down the road.
You will save enough time on the programming/setup to more than pay for the firmware upgrade.

Regards,

Ken

I think that plcpete meant to say that it is the SN module that is series B, not the CPU.
What that means I dont know.

Other than that I aggree that a CPU firmware upgrade from a series B to C is worth the expense.