I see it on RS linx who, but can't upload it

hurricane

I have a panelview 550 connected to a slc 5/03.When I do a who active I see it showing up.THe problem is when I got to panelbuilder 32 I can't upload file from 550.

I had it once,

Check your PB version it might be old.
try directly to the panel not thru network.
Try to use compak flash.
One of this ways has to work.

Firmware Version.

I had this problem one time also. It turned out to be a firmware issue. In Panel Builder you have to select the correct version for you 550. If they are not the same I do not think it will connect and let you upload, but will show up on RsWho.

Also if you connect dirrectly to the 550 depending on how you connect (such as sitting on your desk powered up) you may needed an external power supply to alow you to upload. The 550 does not have a internal power source for communication (at least the ones we have do not. We had to buy the external power source). You do not need this if you leave it in the network (with a plc) and connect directly to it.

Last edited: