RS Logix 500 Standard Software

2john55

Hi,
I am new to PLC programming and I am doing a school project. I have to use Rs Logix 500 Standard software. My problem is with the software ativation. The professor lost the master disk for activation. Can I get a new master disk? If it is so how do I get it? or Do I need to buy the software again?
By the way, the 4 floppies are original from Rockwell Software and the release is 2.10.12

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You can get a new master floppy from Rockwell support.
You dont have to have a support contract, but it must be the original purchaser (the one that the software is licensed to) that orders the replacement master floppy.

If all you want to do is to move the license to another computer, then this can be done with a portable harddisk (*). First move the license from the currently licensed PC to the harddisk, then move the license from the harddisk to the new PC.

*: It is also possible with a flash pen drive. However, this requires that you use the EVMOVECF utility in stead of EVMOVE.

2john55 said:
Hi,
I am new to PLC programming and I am doing a school project. I have to use Rs Logix 500 Standard software. My problem is with the software ativation. The professor lost the master disk for activation. Can I get a new master disk? If it is so how do I get it? or Do I need to buy the software again?
By the way, the 4 floppies are original from Rockwell Software and the release is 2.10.12

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Well then, the professor can't very well dock you points, can he? As the previous poster indicated, if he is the registered owner of the software, he can get a master disk from Rockwell tech support at www.ab.com.

IF you are looking for a way to bypass the activation file no one here is going to give you their own activation file that they paid hard earned money for and disable their own copy of the software.

If you want something free (or $35 bucks for a licensed version) that you can play around with and learn PLC programming and simulate AB PLC programs on your own computer then check out http://www.thelearningpit.com

edit to add: the current version of RSLogix500 is version 7. I suggest your professor upgrade - there have been many processor and PLC OS releases and instructions added since then.

Last edited:
and if you're going to an accredited school, you might want to tell your professor about this: Allen-Bradley has (or at least HAD the last time I checked) a program that will provide the software to schools for a VERY reasonable price ... there are some minor hoops to jump through (basically letters and copies of course outlines, etc.) but nothing that will break a sweat ... talk to your local distributor ...

good luck with your studies ... and welcome to the forum ...

Thank you

Thank you very much for your replies. I apprciate them all.
I'll talk to the professor since he is the owner of the software.May be he can get the master disk or upgrade the software as some of you adviced me.
Thank you again to all of you for your quik answers... and have a great day.