cod:16 conversion

Amr Hassan

hi
i am converting s5 to s7 program
as i understand this function converts the integer to bcd , therfore it should be equivelant to to ITB in s7
but when i see the output parameters of the s5 function , there is a bcd1 which is a word a bcd2 which is a byte
in s7 the result is in one word only , can someone explain to me what should be the contents of bcd1 and bcd2 so that i can create a function having the same parameters
best regards

thanks
i used to have error in compilation with these blocks stating "plc type is not define "

now i copied the fc from the library to the project before compiling , the error did not appear

thanks again

Hi,

In Step5 the FB241 cod:16 convert a 16Bit
integer from -32768 to +32767 into a
BCD with 6 decads ( 0-5 + sign).
'DUAL' = 16Bit integer with sign (word)
'SBCD' = sign (bit)
'BCD1' = decad 0-3 (word)
'BCD2' = decad 4+5 (byte)

In Step7 the 'ITB'-instruction converts a integer
in range from -999 to +999 ( 3 decads with sign only)

So, if your integer is larger than +/- 999,
convert it to DINT and use the
'DTB'- instruction. ( 7 decads + sign )

cheers

Rolf