rsview32 /window98 to XP pro

andrea

Hi guys
We been using RSVIEW32 on a computer running Win98, and when we upgraded to XP PRO "guess what happened" ,o_O it refused to log ,trend, and the function bottons don't work. So could someone out there help me with this confusing problem.:confused:
Thanks

Depending on what version RSView you have, if it also installed Service Pack 2 then you may have to download a patch. The best thing to do is go to the AB Knowledgebase and type in XP and see if anything in the list is relevant to your situation.

Andrea

There is a tech note on the ab know-base describing the correct installation method for rsview 7.10 and trendx and log viewer. They need to be installed in the correct order.

Hope this helps...

regards
kevin

Andrea this tech note says you should not upgrade, installation should be done on a clean OS install. It seems that folder and file names can be changed during an upgrade process.
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/72768D58F8F4D09D85256ED600633146?OpenDocument

This may help you clean it up but I am not positive. It doesnt state 98 at this point but the download doc does.

What I suggest after reading that is save all necessary files for all programs to cd, dvd, or a network harddrive. Also make sure all activation files are saved.

You may have to start from scratch, format the drive, install 98 then upgrade (or get XP Pro full) then reinstall all of your programs.

Well... don't know about V7.... but got 6.40 working on XP Pro + SP2, it's logging data from 4 SLC505's 2 compact logix & in a roundabout way 2 Mitsi FX2N's, also running 14 powermonitors & 7 ADS clients.
No need for the firewall patch, just disable it. how come you are running it on 98 in the first place?
Guess it must be your install went wrong, suggest you start from scratch again.