TI peer to peer with TISoft

miguel garcia

Hi everyone,

I'm working with a TI 555-1105 programed with TISoft2 7.2. I had to comunicate with other 555-1104 and 555-1106 programmed with APT and the OS made in PCS v.3.0. I need to exchange data with PLCs and OS. Comunications with PCS works fine and the data I receive from other PLCs is ok too but my problem is when I want to send some data to other PLCs. Some experts checked CP configuration in both sides and APT config for the old CPUs and everything seems to be ok so the only unchecked point was the new TISoft program. Attached to the post there is a screenshot of the program used to start communications.
Thank you for your advice.

Connection?

How are your PLC's connected? Ti-way?, ethernet?, modbus?

CTI has ethernet modules that can pass data between PLCs or send out broadcast messages to the entire network.

Here's a LINK to the CTI home page.

Miguel

How many PLCs are involved in this network?
Do you wish to do peer-to-peer between all of them?
Do you have it working already between any of the PLCs?
It seems in your original message that in one of the PLCs you can successfully receive data peer-to-peer from other PLCs, but that you can not send it from this PLC - is this correct?

I can appreciate that if the other PLCs are programmed in APT it will be tricky trying to replicate the code in Tisoft. But it will not be impossible. Usually APT programs are much better documented and readable than traditional ladder. I suspect a specific CFB in the APT set-up will have control over the H1 comms - it may even have an appropriate name like "H1_COMMS" if you're lucky! Check the contents of this and try to relate the logic patterns being used to initiate transmissions here. Again, the naming of the variables should perhaps give some assistance. Then try to create the same logic using ladder patterns.

All APT-generated code can be viewed using Tisoft, so there is nothing that APT can do that Tisoft can't. The problem is trying to locate where in the compiled code in the PLC the section dealing with the comms is resident. If you want you can do a search in the APT-generated code using Tisoft for something obvious like one of the I/O words associated with the CP1434TF - this should at least get you to the correct area in the PLC code. APT can also generate synonyms and comments for your Tisoft view. Remember, these will be compiler-generated so they may not always be the perfect human descriptions you would like, but at least they should help.

Keep us updated

Good luck

Ken