Philips PLC MC30

Arun

We have MAHO GR300 CNC in which Philips CNC432 and Philips PLC MC30 is used. Can anybody help me to get backup of PLC program .How to download and which software is required.
thanks

Philips MC30 is the brick type PLC from the Philips PC20 series. Philips doesn't make these anymore. These products were made lately by Nyquist Industrial Control, which has now moved to their new P8 family. I hope they are able to give you some support, because the PC20 family has been declared obsolete. I doubt if you'll find many people who have ever worked with these PLCs, because these were long time intended solely for internal use in Philips factories. I did work with MC20, PC20 and MC30 in the mid and late 80s, but only with a dedicated programmer, I never used a computer to program them.

Kind regards,

ik hoop dat het in nederlands kan?

heel erg bedankt voor de reactie

het verhaal wat u verteld is voor mij heel vreemd.
ik weet dat ze bij de NS in nederland in de hypermoderne
dubbeldekkers gebruikt woorden. als ik het goed begrijp
is de enigste oplossing met een eprommer. is er misschien
een software programma van?

met de vr.gr.

hans

Hans,

I think we better stick to English as this is an international forum and I wouldn't deprive Arun from information.

First of all, I'm suprised brand new Dutch trains are equiped with PC20 PLCs, because the previously mentioned link states clearly that this family is in it's end of live state since januari 1st, 2001. I went back there and to my suprise it states clearly they will still produce PC20 if ordered.

I know there has been a programming software available at some time, I think it was called PDS3.5. I don't know if it is still available, but I bet Nyquist is the place to go if you want any more information. They will also be able to tell you what hardware is needed to connect the PC to the PLC. I have not yet found what kind of interface was used. I only do know the names of some of the used signals and the pins at which tese are connected.

Kind regards,

Sorry I cant reply from last three days.

thanks everybody.
Please give me specific information about PLC any email.
thank you.

We also have 2 machines with the Philips MC30/1 PLC.

I have been in contact with Nyquist BV in the Netherlands for programming software and cables, they tell me that the software, PDS3.5 is still available at a ridiculous price (over 2000 euro).

They also tell me that the MC30/1 requires a programming adaptor (CI30), as the comms is not RS232 on the PLC. They say the adaptor is no longer available.

I have a program listing for these machines, but no info on the instruction set. I am currently looking into replacing one of these with a Mitsubishi PLC.

If anyone has a copy of the programming software, info on the instruction set, or info on the programming interface, then I would be delighted to hear from them!

I have a user manual for the pc20 and a listing of an old c program I wrote to disassemble the eprom code . Is someone still interested?
a multiple of 2 x 2716 are read in parallel to form a 16 bit instruction word.

ik heb nog een handleiding voor de PC20 en een listing van een C programma om de eprom inhoud ,een veelvoud van 2 x 2716 worden parallel uitgelezen als instructie woord

greetings
erwin

Erwin,

it sounds to me as if we have worked together in the Philips plant at Roeselare-Beveren. The location and your username do ring a bell. Forgive me if I'm wrong however.

Kind regards,

I have a user manual for the pc20 and a listing of an old c program I wrote to disassemble the eprom code . Is someone still interested?
a multiple of 2 x 2716 are read in parallel to form a 16 bit instruction word.

ik heb nog een handleiding voor de PC20 en een listing van een C programma om de eprom inhoud ,een veelvoud van 2 x 2716 worden parallel uitgelezen als instructie woord

greetings
erwin
is the p 20 uaer manual still available

Long before the battery on PLC exploded and then I was helpless so replace whole CNC controller with Siemens 802C and working fine till date. MAHO machines are really good as per as its mechanical design concerned.

Thanks for the guys keeping the thread alive and sharing information.