A/B to Modicon Talk Friendly

forgetmenot

Need some advice on how to get A/B and Modicon to communicate with each other. PLC5 to an old modicon 984 language, modbus or modbus plus com. Whats is available and how reliable are they. Boss looked into this several years ago and was told they'er not reliable. Too many relays now in use. Too big of a A/B and Modicon base to upgrade.

Thank You
for your time.

youi say an old 984 language..what kind of processor? If its the old 984 series processors then you should know they are obsolete so you will have to upgrade anyway, AB does make a modbus module but i am not sure about MB+

D

The name to know is Prosoft Technology.

Use Prosoft's MVI71-MCM module for Modbus RTU protocol serial communication, or their 3300-MBP for Modbus Plus.

I don't know who told your boss a few years ago that any of these devices were unreliable. A-B has relied on Prosoft for Modbus connectivity for a very long time.