Citect control of PLC

mjm

I have a question. Once I finish this Citect GUI, and my associate has finished his programming of DirectSoft. How do we make them communicate?

DirectSoft apparently runs on bit numbers. Will I have to enter all of his bit numbers in the Citect address area of the variable declaration in Citect so that Citect will send the proper command to the proper bit???

I am not understanding this whole concept very well.

Will I have to enter all of his bit numbers in the Citect address area of the variable declaration in Citect so that Citect will send the proper command to the proper bit?
How else can Citect know where to send the wright data? Unless you're able to export the address list of the PLC to Citect, that's exactly the way to go. You can however import addresslists made with Excel (or any other spreadsheet capable of saving DB4-format files) into Citect.

Kind regards,

You can use digital bits, integers, real (IEEE754), arrays - really whatever you want.

For example, with Omron PLCs one can use CIO area (Common I/O area) DM (data memory/register), HR (holding relays - memory retentive), timers, counters. As an example, a digital bit for Omron is recognised as 100.09 (channel 100 bit 9), a data memory as DM1000 (register 1000 - BCD or integer).

Just watch out as Citect is set up as even boundaries for words. This means that if you are reading double length (32 bit) words they have to start with an even number.

Appreciate it....

Thanks folks... I thought that was the way it was going to be... I just wanted confirmation on my ideas.

Appreciate the feedback... I am so glad I found this place so that I can get help from people who have already been around the block a time or two.

mj