briana banks

Hi All

How do i pass the WALLCLOCKTIME GSV object DateTime array
To HMI Tag?

I want to display the PLC time.

using RSView SE and RSLogix 5000

Thanks.

hello!
You must move each element of WALLCLOCKTIME GSV object DateTime array to dint.
I think that there are 7 elements to move (year, month, day, hour, minute, second, milisecond).
regards

You create an array in your controller scoped tags to write the date/time to. I believe it should be a DINT[7]. This is covered in detail in the manuals. The size and type of the array must be correct for most GSV's to work. I usually use a UDT that way I can label the elements like day, month year etc.

You execute a GSV at an interval of your choosing to write the system value to your DINT array. Then simply reference the array in RSView SE.

It is really a pretty simple matter to get the data from the controller. The RSView SE part I am not familiar with myself.

RSL

SE doesn't support the concept of either arrays or user-defined data types (yet). You'll have to set up an HMI tag (a direct refference would work too) for each of the elements of the DateTime array that you want to display, you shouldn't have to transfer them to individual DINT. (I'm guessing that you won't want milliseconds :) )