OT: Label Dispenser

croakus

All,

Has anybody seen/used an off-the-shelf automated tape or label dispenser? I'm looking at an application to dispense felt pads for production that are around 20mm x 60mm, 1mm thick.

I'd rather go off-the-shelf vs. McGuivering eight of them.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

(Not sure on the spelling of "McGuiver" - the patron saint of maintenance and manufacturing 'engineers')

Lot of questions

Are the felt pads on a roll? or you need a single "item" dispenser..ie the pads will need to be stack and dispensed as needed? Will they be applied to another object? Adhesive backed?

More info please.

Sorry about the vague question.

Ron,

The felt will be adhesive backed and on a roll approx. 12" dia. There is no real 'stiffness' to a piece, so I'm looking for a photoeye to stop/detect felt piece as it sags off the edge. It will also need a backing paper takeup.
The felt will be hand applied to the production part - no need for automatic application.

Hope this paints a better picture.

Mike