Can someone help me with a PLC2?

Psymon

Alright I've got a fairly small PLC-2 program printout that I've converted into a PLC-5 program. A couple of quick questions on the instructions though:

1. Does someone have a bit level breakdown of the TON instruction for the PLC-2. Specifically what bits 15 and 17 signify, since they aren't referenced the easy way (TT, EN, DN) like a PLC-5.

2. I'm assuming that the CTR command is the same as a RES command?

Thanks fellas.

Jay

Psymon,

15 - DN
16 - TT
17 - EN

They are the same as a PLC-5, just octal instead of decimal.
(i.e. If you enter T4:0/13 in a PLC-5, it will change to T4:0/DN)

Twenty-one years ago !

From my vintage Mini PLC-2/05 Reference Manual, Publication 1772-6.8.6, Oct 1984. Page C-9

The counter word address, XXX, is assigned to the counter accumulated areas of the data table. To determine which addresses are valid accumulated areas, the most significant digit in the word address must be an even number.

Bit 14 is the overflow/underflow bit
Bit 15 is the count complete bit
Bit 16 is the enable bit of the CTD instruction
Bit 17 is the enable bit of the CTU instruction

The words address displayed will be 3 or 4 digits long depending on the data table size. When entering the word address, use a leading zero if necessary.

CTU = Up Counter
CTR = Counter Reset (resets bits 14,15,16,17 and accumulated value)
CTD = Down Counter