Failure Pv550 Connection To Laptop

senen

Need Helpppppppppppp Again:
We Just Bought A New Pv550 Cat #2711-k5a2
Rev: B/frn 4.41/firmware Version 4.2.
Rs Link Revision 2.30.01(build 48)

I Can't Establish Communication Between Pv550 And My
Laptop.i Use A 1747-pic Converter To Connect The Two Unit.
I Install The Driver For This Converter But When I Go To Rs Link
Who'is There Is No Communication Between Pv 550 And My Pc.i Check
Comm Setting Of Pv... Node:2 Baudrate 19200 Max Node:31.then I Check My Driver Setting In My Laptop Com1 Baudrate 19200

Thanks
Senen

I think you have two possible problems.

1. The driver might not work on your particular computer. THe 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx is notoriously difficult to set up in Windows NT/2000/XP. Search this site for numerous threads about how to troubleshoot this.

2. If you have just the 1747-PIC and PanelView connected together, you will not get communications. The 1747-PIC receives power from a 1747-AIC isolator, or passed through the PanelView from an isolator or an SLC controller, or via a supplementary power supply. Plug in the PanelView to the controller or the network you intend to use it on.

Remember that you can use CompactFlash ATA memory cards in a Type II carrier to transfer programs to the PanelView. That helps you eliminate the need for the 1747-PIC in this situation.

Ken Roach said:
Remember that you can use CompactFlash ATA memory cards in a Type II carrier to transfer programs to the PanelView. That helps you eliminate the need for the 1747-PIC in this situation.

Plus its a whole lot faster!

hi ken,
iwas able to used memory card to transfer file from panel view and vice versa.i was able to see too the panel view and slc thru rslink comm.on who's 1.i'm still interested why i can't download my file from pc to pv.i'm having an error(2258)..terminal not responding.IS NEW FIRMWARE OF PV HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?/BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE THE CAT AND VERSION NUMBER WHEN I SCROLL THE TERMINAL SET UP.OUR OLD PV IS VERSION...3-.09.

THANKS AGAIN