Need help to control Hitachi L100 frequency invertor with PLC Mitsubishi FX0s series.

Livchik

Need help to control Hitachi L100 frequency invertor with PLC Mitsubishi FX0s series. Is it possible to connect them somehow?

Hi

How do you want to connect them?

FX0S is an old mitsu right?

I do not think you are able to attach any options-card like RS422 or RS232. That is only fron FX1S and up.

But can you not just use the I/O to start and stop the inverter?
Whene using the PLC to control the inverter, then you have to wire the common from both.

If you are for example are using positive logik (PNP) you have to wire the 0V from the inverter with the 0V from PLC.

Hope this was any help

Dariusch

You can connect any PLC to any VFD using hardwired I/O. Usually you need:

Dry contacts from Discrete Outputs on the PLC to the VFD for start, run enable (E-Stop or external fault) and sometimes Forward and Reverse

Inputs to the PLC from transistor or dry contacts on the VFD to indicate Run status and Fault status of the drive, and sometimes Forward and Reverse

Analog output from the VFD, 4- 20 mA or 0-10 VDC as a speed command to the VFD

Analog inputs to the PLC from the VFD to indciate actual speed and sometimes motor power or amps

You can connect any PLC to any VFD using hardwired I/O. Usually you need:

Dry contacts from Discrete Outputs on the PLC to the VFD for start, run enable (E-Stop or external fault) and sometimes Forward and Reverse

Inputs to the PLC from transistor or dry contacts on the VFD to indicate Run status and Fault status of the drive, and sometimes Forward and Reverse

Analog output from the VFD, 4- 20 mA or 0-10 VDC as a speed command to the VFD

Analog inputs to the PLC from the VFD to indciate actual speed and sometimes motor power or amps

I agree.

If you have any problems, you may contact Hitachi and Mitsubishi. They will give you some useful advices.