4-20ma to 0-10 volts

andrea

I have a controller (not PLC ) with a 4-20 ma output signal. I have to add a controller with a 0-10 volts input. Is there a way I can make a convertor to test it out to see if it will work? I don't want to spend a lot of money to test it.

A 3 cent 500 ohm resistor across the end of the loop at the input terminals of the second device will convert that 4-20mA signal to a 2-10 volt signal. If you can scale the input of the second device to compensate for the 2 volt offset then that is the cheapest solution.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm connecting several 4-20mA sensors together in parallel (only one shown below) The enclosure is ABS plastic with metal backplate DAQ...
Replies
Views
Problem: Our PLC can only output 4-20mA, but the actuators it needs to control, modulate based on a 0-135Ohm signal. Buying 4 or 8 individual...
Replies
Views
What's your go to 4-20ma isolator. I've got some 4 wire 4-20ma from several flow meters and scales that I would like to isolate before it gets to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to read three 4-20mA signals from a DCS(ABB) in a remote 6 channel analog input module with RS485 modbus port. When I connected...
Replies
Views
Hello this is my first post. Looking forward to being more involved in this community to learn and hopefully help others. Any help or guidance...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom