Download Problem

cakkostepen

Hi guys,
When I try to dowload the project to the PLC (S7-300)I get this error msg.
Error: C230_2: UPP: Resource problem
Error: C230_2: UPP: No retentive memory available [65533 0xdada 0 0 0]
Error: C230_2: Error occurred while downloading the device interface data.
Does anyone have any idea about the reason for this problem? and any suggestions for the solution?
Thanx

what unit exactly you have? and what are you using for download? if i can remember, mmc card missing problem is presented by another error message in step7, 'retentive memory' should mean battery-backup memory not flash ... maybe i'm wrong, well... i can test what missing mmc will do later in afternoon ...

i found and unit around here ... the message for missing mmc car is "Possible load bottleneck or not enough memory ... bla bla bla" so, it should be something in project or configuration ... but i'm not familiar with simotion :-( from what i know, in retentive area (called NVRAM also) may be stored MPI/Profibus adress of unit and user data like counters and timers and part of M area, i never used that because it's obsolete with mmc card - i think in step7 it can be configured by selecting of unit in tree, showing it's options and then selecting tab called 'retentive memory'... maybe you have something similar ...