Display ST file Data on PanelView 600

chavak

Hi guys,

How do I display ST file data on PanelView 600 reading from SLC5/04.

The tag 'Data-1' is created as ST19:1 - Character Array

The only option I found is to add a text + Embedded Variable [Character], but PV doesn't displays any data keyed in the ST file.

--
Maybe What I'm doing is totally wrong -

Actually I am reading 5 inspections values thru a Prosoft MVI46 module to an ASCII File A20:0.

Then I copy the actual inspected values minus the alpha characters, say for Eg:2.456 to ST19:1 thru ST19:5. The data is appearing well in the ST File. But never display out on PanelView.

Pls help

Thank You

Try creating the Tag as ST19:1.1 and data type as 'Character Array' (with the number of characters entered in the 'Array Size' entry) Hope this helps.......(y)

Hi Rob,

I'have tried that in the first place, somehow PV refuse to display the ST file contents.

When Checked in the PV help file, SLC does support ST file type though.

Regards.

Chavak, did you add the extra .1 on the end of the ST address? It is critical.... ST19:1.1

This works for me on my GSM text message applications. I display and modify ST addresses for Mobile phone numbers on the Panelview without issue.....

Hope this helps :whistle:

PM your email, and i can send some bits i've already done......

Hi Rob,

You were right. The extra ".1" in the tag address did the trick.

Thankyou

But I'm wondering how did you found this trick. Is this mentioned anywhere in the manual. I have never seen this described anywhere in PV manual.

Thank You
Best Regards
🍻