logix500 command

theaxel

Hey all,
I can't seem to find command for the date/time property in RSLogix500. I'm going to attempt logging data into a file with 500 and a 1500 micrologix 1764 controller, and I'd like to include the time of the data log in the file. I know in Logix5000 there's a convenient 'get system value' command, but it doesn't seem to be present in 500.

Any help is appreciated, sorry to give such a boring question.
Axel

see if this helps ...

micro1500RTC.JPG

note: I'm not sure that all MicroLogix1500 processors have a Real-time clock capability ... if yours doesn't, check into adding a plug-in module ... I know that SOME MicroLogix systems will have that as an option ...

Most of the SLC5/0x have a RTC, and - as Ron states - there is a clip-on for some of the Micro series.

I had a similar problem, but I used a cheap external timer (Noma, et.al.) clock to give me a pulse every 24 hours, then created my own clock in ladder.

'twas accurate enough for their purposes: starting up some heaters and pumps before the crew got in in the morning.